This will be the biggest (technical) update since the launch of the game.
After this one I will be able to completely start focusing on new content (every 2 weeks again).
Please note that only Veronica is implemented in this version, so other character’s will be extremely bugged! (For the “final” v0.8.3 release all girls will be reworked and improved).
This version is meant for those that would already like to see the new UI and changes for Veronica and/or would like to help testing (and therefore is available for all patrons).
You will have to start a new game with this update and if you play the final release in 2 weeks, you will have to start over again! I will include a 100% savegame in that release, for those that don’t want to play again.
Note: Check the included installation guide if you have problems getting the game to run!
Here’s an overview of all the changes I have implemented so far:
- Added an option to the menu to view the entire credits list.
- Redid all early/outdated content for Veronica.
- Updated ALL of Veronica’s dialogs to reflect changes in character relationships a lot better.
- Claire’s chores are no longer random, you (or Veronica) can do any chore you choose, nor do you need to talk to her first anymore.
- Updated the conditions for unlocking new girls and locations (this should be a lot more intuitive now).
- Removed the stars, all progress is based on stat gain now.
- Balanced the stat gains for Veronica.
- Added a bunch of sounds effects and updated some old ones.
- Added a flags menu to the cheat console, where you can view and edit flag values for all the girls (only recommended for fixing bugged games).
- Improved Veronica’s hints.
- Added a “tracking” option to the contact list, which will add a hint shortcut to the bottom left of your screen,
- for up to 5 girls that will show the current location and on mouseover will show ALL available hints.
- Improved the tutorial UI.
- Updated the tutorial to reflect all current game mechanics.
- Improved the overall UI
- Added UI animations (also added an option to turn them off in the phone settings).
- A popup will now be shown when a new contact is added to your phone.
- Added a short bio for each character, which you can view in the contacts list.
- A popup will now be shown when you discover a new location.
- Added a short description for each location, which you can view on the map.
- Added the player as a contact on the phone, so your stats don’t stay on screen all the time.
- Added a tooltip description for each of the girls’s stats on the contact list.
- The achievements and quit button are now on your phone.
- The phone and inventory buttons are now hidden during dialogs.
- You can now use spacebar to skip through dialogs.
- Locked dialog options are now grayed out and play an error sound when clicked.
- New locations will now popup on your map, when you open it.
- Improved NPC image transitions.
- Locked navigation keyboard shortcuts when phone/inventory are open.
- You will now unlock sex scenes for each girl (that has them already) after completing a special event (this will usually be her first sex scene).
- Added a star icon to memories & cosplay image thumbnails, to indicate if they are new.